Wednesday, July 21, 2010

a palace

the Alhambra palace was next to me once on a circling walk
I began this trip to see the interior
of this structure close to Granada, Spain
a beautiful and amazing city
I strolled along its outer walls
took a picture from above of a map of its floor plan
there were vines of red above on the yellow mute stucco
the travel to the lower side was a scene
for the mid December air had the leaves autumned
a small stream ran near the high walls and the shadows
along the path did lie
once to the foot of turning water
and the end of walls
after water falling
I climbed a small drive
then a wall or gate to see the distance before me
Upon my height realized my property intrusion
held a moments glance to remember
then descended cacti trail
a leap from the wall
back to a path hearing music
the light shone early


-Lahmadaj

No comments:

Post a Comment